Serving East Hartford, CT and surrounding areas, Caron Building and Remodeling provides professional wood structural framing services for houses that involve the construction and installation of the framework that supports the weight of the building and provides stability and strength. If you are searching for the best wood framing contractors near me, then you have come to the right place! You can contact us today at (860) 817-0320 to schedule a quick no-cost quote!
Here are some key components involved in our wood structural framing:
- Wall Framing: This includes the construction of the load-bearing walls that provide support and define the layout of the house. Wall framing involves installing vertical studs, horizontal plates, headers, and sills to create the framework for walls.
- Floor Framing: Floor framing refers to the construction of the framework that supports the weight of the floors and provides a stable structure. This typically involves installing joists, beams, and subflooring.
- Roof Framing: Roof framing is the construction of the framework that supports the weight of the roof and provides protection from the elements. It includes the installation of rafters or trusses, ridge beams, and other components necessary to form the roof structure.
- Structural Beams and Columns: In larger or more complex structures, structural beams and columns are used to distribute the load and support the weight of the building. These beams and columns are often made of steel or engineered wood and are strategically placed to ensure structural integrity.
- Bracing and Sheathing: Bracing is the installation of additional supports to reinforce the structural integrity of the building. This can include diagonal bracing, shear walls, or steel reinforcement. Sheathing, such as plywood or oriented strand board (OSB), is applied to the exterior walls and roof to provide further strength and stability.
- Installation of Openings: Structural framing includes the creation of openings for doors, windows, and other entry points. Headers and lintels are installed to support the load above these openings and maintain the integrity of the structure.
- Collaboration with Other Trades: Structural framers often collaborate with other tradespeople, such as electricians, plumbers, and HVAC technicians, to ensure proper coordination and integration of their respective systems within the framing structure.
It’s important to note that structural framing should be done by skilled professionals who follow building codes and regulations to ensure safety and durability. Caron Building and Remodeling has decades of experience in wood house framing projects of all sizes and scope. You can click the following link to view some of our 5-star Houzz Reviews. You can contact us today at (860) 817-0320 to schedule a quick no-cost quote!